Friday, May 25, 2012

DIY Himena Osaki Inspired Hair Accessory



While reading Mana's Lost in Inspiration post, I was instantly inspired by one of the pictures that she posted.

I was inspired by this picture of Himena Osaki
My eye was drawn instantly to her hair accessory, even though the dress is obviously supposed to be the focal point of the image X)

Okay then, let's get started ^^



You will need:
  • Lace trim
  • Pretty material (to make a small bow)
  • Cardboard
  • Scissors
  • Hot Glue
  • Yarn
  • Mini Plush (optional/substitutable)
Trace the shape of a small circle onto your piece of cardboard. Looks familiar right? ...maybe. It depends on how familiar you are with my previous materials. But since I've already covered the next few steps in a previous post, I'll just link it here.

Follow the instructions on the linked post until the point where you have a yarn-covered piece of cardboard

Make a small bow with your material (it doesn't have to look as pathetic as mine). Size is up to you. I rarely measure anything, which is why I haven't offered any example measurements for this post ><

Cut a piece of lace trim that will be able to surround your yarn-covered cardboard piece.

Use hot glue to attach your lace trim.

...and the bow.

I'm going to use this little guy as my centerpiece ^^. Himena's accessory has a rabbit, but I'm obviously improvising.

Attach your centerpiece.

Oh, and speaking of improvisation, it's not absolutely necessary to use an animal. The only requirement is that it must be pretty =P

Last step, add a bobby pin. Normally, I would have used a snap clip. However, this seemed like a better idea to use on an accessory that would eventually be attached to a ponytail (or is it just me? Whenever I use snap clips on a ponytail they always come undone because of the curvature.)

That's all, I hope everyone enjoyed this post ^^




Oh, and if you have an inspiration picture that you would like me to copy an accessory from, you can tweet me @magicpearlheart ^^~

16 comments:

  1. OMG! So pretty! <3 I wish I could be so talented as you! Please keep posting things like this! You are such an inspiration at deco!
    From where do you buy all your materials?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get them from particular places, but from wherever I see something useful :)
      However, I get my basics from nearby craft stores =P

      Delete
  2. I came across your blog totally by accident while looking around on the Himegyaru tumblr page and I am glad that I did. I absolutely love all of your DIY deco and craft creations! They are all so lovely and cute to look at. I have to say that my favourite one would be the handbag.

    I hope to see more from you and I am definitely going to be following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! :)

      I'm happy that you like them, and welcome ^^~

      Delete
  3. I really love this post so much ^^ thank you again for mentioning me!
    I can't wait to see more of your creations in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay ♪ ^^
      Don't thank me, it was only appropriate :p without your post, I wouldn't have been able to do this one ><

      Delete
  4. you really good in making cute stuff, pearl
    can you make a diy flower headband or flower crown?
    it's gonna a big hit ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mean a headband with flowers on it or one made completely out of flowers? >< I'll try it ^^

      Delete
  5. Oh my god this is amazing * A *
    im so impressed with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ^^

      By the way, I'm a really big fan of your blog :)

      Delete
  6. this is creative, i like your blog btw!

    would you like to follow each other?

    http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ^^

      I hadn't seen your blog before, but when I checked it out I was pretty impressed~
      your blog is cute and helpful :)

      Delete
  7. Kawaii~
    I love the one which has teddy bear on it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Pearl will you please subscribe to my blog! thanks<3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...