Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Tutorial: How to Kawaii-ify Your School Supplies

Hi everyone!
Wish your school supplies looked like this?




Well then ladies and gentlemen, stay tuned for this tutorial ^^



Purchase or retrieve some boring white binders.


Paint them in whichever color tickles your fancy. I used regular acrylic paint~


After the paint dries, spray the binder with clear aerosol sealant. I also sprinkled mine with some glitter ^^


This is the point at which this post stops being helpful x). For this particular binder, I added a sparkly ribbon and lace trim with my E6000 glue.

Add bows, flowers, or mini stuffed animals.

This is from last year >< That's why it appears to have been abused.

If the binder you're using has a pouch in front, I recommend just slipping in a piece of scrapbook paper.


Covering it with decorative tape is always an option as well ^^


I left space on all of my binders to add the names of my classes when I get my schedule. Obviously this is optional~



 Well, that's about it. Good luck in school everyone!


*By the way guys, sorry about the poor photos >< camera troubles.

31 comments:

  1. OMG! OMG! Thank you!! <3<3 I gonna make everybody so envious! >:)
    I love this tutorial! Thank you Pearl, your imagination and creations makes my life cuter! <3
    I'm so happy! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Patri ^^
      If you make some, I'd like to see :)

      Delete
  2. whoaaa cute.
    you're always good in kawaii decorating, pearl.
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica ^^
      Glad to see that you're back around :)

      Delete
  3. omg so cuuutteee >w<
    you are amazingly crafty <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks >< It's easier than you think ^^

      Delete
  4. Very pretty binders! ^^ Sadly I don't really use binders nowadays, but I'm pretty sure that I can do something similar to my clipboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! You can paint it and add some pretty decorations across the top~

      Delete
  5. Awww, cute cute cute! :3 I love it ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh~ I like this. I need so much more kawaii in my life and this might be one way to add it! And make everyone jealous at school XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol xD My motto: if for no other reason, do things only to make others jealous.

      I'm joking x) but good luck ^^ I'm always happy when someone says they'll try out one of my tutorials~

      Delete
  7. Ohhhhhh my Gosh!! I love it♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay I'm glad ^O^♪ this means that you might try it ^^

      Delete
  8. Wow! This is so cute!!! I love the idea~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh so cute!! I would totally do this if I needed more school supplies xP Maybe next semester then! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your school supplies is probably already super hime-fied, am I right? x)

      Ah well, if you make some later I'd still like to see ^^

      Delete
  10. Kawaii! Good thing I didn't get my supplies yet. Now I can get plain ones and decorate them instead! (^∇^)
    Sarafina <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect~
      I was a little worried that I'd posted this too late (~_~;) but I can see that it was still valuable for someone ^^

      Delete
  11. omg *_* so cute! >.< your blog is very pretty and interesting. i like your post :)) follow each other? keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll check out your blog ^^~

      Delete
  12. So pretty!
    Hey I nominated you for the Belle Blog Award, you can get it at my blog: http://veelasplace.blogspot.com/

    xx
    Veelacat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll finish the post ASAP ^^

      Delete
    2. Awww theyre so cute, I love how You decorated them~! I'm glad my school don't start yet so maybe i can try to decorate my supplies(^3^)

      Greetings from Poland,
      d2304

      Delete
    3. Thanks ^^ Good luck on your own supplies~

      Delete
  13. Thank you for this tutorial !
    Your blog is really great ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...