Friday, July 27, 2012

DIY Hime Gyaru Lace/Ribbon Chokers

I like this picture ^^

Ohh tumblr, how I love thee :p
I always see such pretty things on tumblr, and I cant help but be inspired!

A few days ago I came across this post:
Original post here
It looks sooo simple, yet very cute!
Honestly, I can't believe that I hadn't thought of it before~
It just seems like a no-brainer!
The original photo is obviously fairy kei inspired, but mine will be hime gyaru inspired. It's just a matter of convenience, since most of my supplies are more applicable to hime styles~



You will need:
  • Flat lace ribbon (or any kind of ribbon, for that matter)
  • Jewelry jump rings
  • Jewelry closure/ clasp
  • Jewelry chain
  • Misc decorations

Retrieve a clasp and jump ring.

Loop the clasp through the jump ring.


Since the ribbon I'm using has loops, I looped the clasp through one of the pre-made holes >< If you're using lace, it's pretty much the same deal~


Retrieve a jump ring and a segment of jewelry chain.


Attach the chain in the same way that we attached the clasp~


Add pretty decorations ^^ I don't know what to say besides this x)


So.... yup ^^
 That was a super easy tutorial! Even so, I really like my results. I've worn both a few times, and nothing bad has happened to either of them. I hope you enjoy yours as well :)



OH, and thanks so much to everyone that participated in my poll! However, I wasn't sure how to go about giving tips since my room is already decorated >_>

So instead, I just made a quick tumblog of pretty rooms that I suppose you guys can use for inspiration xD. I figured that tumblr would be the best platform for this kind of thing because I can keep everything in one place ^^ I'll probably make a tab on my blog full of the same pictures for ease of access eventually...but tumblr is just so quick and easy x)


There are so many good ideas! I didn't actually look for inspiration before doing my room, but I certainly wish I had T_T

So, here's the link ^^ http://lovelycandyhome.tumblr.com/

One more thing:
My next tutorial is going to be extremely awesomely awesome. It's more of a fairy kei tutorial, but it's probably one of my favorites. I was debating whether or not I should release this post or that one this week, and I ended up releasing this one. I also have one about hime-fying your school stuff, but I have quite a bit of time to put that one out :)

10 comments:

  1. Funny :3
    Few weeks ago i also made myself a few chockers ♥
    I also was thinking about posting a tutorial ... but you where faster ! :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol x) that happens to me all the time!! You can still make a tutorial :) I'll link it on this page if you want ^^

      Delete
  2. Oh my, it's so cute! and not even too hard to make~! Also checked out some of your other DIY posts and linked back to the DIY page on my blog ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! That's really nice of you :)

      I want to check out your blog ^^

      Delete
  3. Oh that is just gorgeous. How would you attach the jump ring to a normal ribbon? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a fantastic question to which I have no answer =/
      I recommend finding some nice lace ribbon ^^ make sure to double it up like I did, as lace ribbon is pretty thin~

      Delete
  4. What gorgeous choker necklaces! :) I had been planning on also making a hime choker necklace eventually as well, but like what the other reader had said, you pretty much beat me to the punch! x) Well once I finally DO release a tutorial for it, I will definitely be linking your tutorial to mine.

    Lovely room pictures by the way! I can definitely feel the gears whirling in my head on all the possible things I can do to my room. I have also been planning on releasing a very heavy Hime room guideline/tips post of sorts once I finish getting everything together. It is also one of the most anticipated posts that I had been wanting to do but can't at the moment! Haha.

    Anyway, can't wait to see your upcoming tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh x) I didn't mean to scoop everyone! I guess it's a common idea since it's such an easy thing to do ><

      Ahhh I know T_T I wish I'd seen them before I did my room x) I want to start over! Oh well...I think I'll just add some curtains to my bookcases or something like that. I'm thinking floral! My room needs pattern =\

      Good luck on your own room transformation!

      Delete
    2. It's alright! It's not really the "end of the world as we know it" if someone had posted up a tutorial first. Different interpretations makes for different results.

      I really truly do love your room, so don't feel bad about that! <3

      Also, I would just like to let you know that you had gotten an award!

      http://purplesandpinks.blogspot.ca/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

      Delete
  5. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. chokers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...